Looking Back on 2021
As the year draws to a close it is always good to take a minute and reflect on all of the things you have accomplished.
The last 12 months was a heck of year for us. Full of collaborations, new products, new retail partners, new waters, and most importantly new friends! We took a couple trips across BC in search of some new species. Reconnected with some old friends, and caught a ton of amazing fish. All of this made possible because of our love of skateboarding and fly fishing!
Here's a monthly breakdown of our year.
- Kicked off 2021 with the launch of our DryFly mugs and Patches.
- Aaron Long, our old friend from Kamloops, and I braved a cold afternoon to skate a local park and got a fun little doubles picture.
- Maple Ridge, BC's, local fly shop, Hatch Match'r, joined us as a dealer.
- Released our black "TroutBlade" pocket knives.
- Connected with 604 Flies and had Zach Copland tie us up a bunch of his signature glass buggers.
- Collaborated with Montreal's Timber and Fins and released the Creekside Fly Wallet and Flies. It's so amazing that we were able to link up with a like-minded brand from across the country and make something cool happen.
- Took a little road trip up to an amazing lake in Pemberton with Moses Itkonen, Chris Bowers, and Aiden Williams.
- Released the "Fish On" hats and did a special small batch run of these for Local Supply Co. up in Smithers, BC.
- Our first big trip to Smithers BC. We spent 5 days up there fishing Babine lake, Rainbow Alley, and the Babine river with Jason Krauskopf. The main mission of this trip was to catch a Laker. Mission accomplished.
- With the "heat dome" upon us we started to hit the higher altitude lakes. For us that meant the Coquahalla mountain lakes. Before the fires raged we were able to spend some time up there with Ethan Richmond, Aiden Williams, and Moses Itkonen.
- This month we also released our red "Cutts" fly boxes.
- Took a great trip to the Skagit with Julian Goodman
- A great trip up the Skagit chasing Bull Trout with Tyler and Jordan Simpson
- Nanaimo's The Vault became our new retail partner.
- More days spent skating.
- Ended the month chasing Westslope Cutthroat Trout in Cranbrook with Joey Sandiburg, Moses Itkonen, Brody Seselja and skateboard royalty, Paul Machnau. We spent three days on the Elk River, St. Mary's River, and Pauls secret river. This was our second big trip and most definitely will not be the last. Many thanks to Joey for being an amazing host and guide.
- With the forest fires calming down we headed back up towards the Merritt area to some of our favourite lakes. On the 4th we took Ethan up there and had an epic day stripping Damsel flies.
- Got to spend some time chasing Bass with our skate pal Chris Haslam, but only found lil"Crappies. Ha ha.
- Another mission to the Skagit. This time we showed Jorden Murray some of our favourite haunts and he came up with this absolute slab of a Bull Trout. Just look at that smile!
- Second annual Kamloops fishing trip with 808 & Bench. This time Joel from The Truth joined Landon Ruzio, Brian Mayo, Moses, Aiden, and I for some still water action. Two days and Two lakes and some decent fish.
- Released the unstructured "Arch Logo" hats.
- Released the "Cutts" and "DryFly" flasks.
- Moses, Aiden, and our new friend Jordan Farrand finally found the lake up in the Chehalis Valley we had spent the last two years searching for.
- Released our vintage yellow "TroutBlade" knives.
- Released our "Bull Trout" decks
- Spent a day on the Squamish River with Ethan.
- Pacific Net and Twine in Parksville, BC, join us as a retail partner.
- Our friends at East Van Bee's made some amazing whiskey Barrel infused honey, so it only seemed fitting we do an Instagram contest pairing up their whiskey honey and our new flasks.
- Since we spend so much time fishing with Ethan Richmond from the Drive Skate Shop, it also seemed fitting we collaborate with him. The "Trout Ripper" deck is born.
- After 3 years of business, we finally make it into a magazine. Fly Fusion magazine runs two photos of me taken by our close friend Neal Lally.
- Both Tyler and myself made some trips to the Squamish River and found ourselves some beautiful fish to end the year on.
Thank you to everyone who has purchased anything from us, fished with us, and supported us. Without you we would be nothing.
Lets see how epic we all can make 2022.